Cracked Tooth Repair
Did you know that a cracked tooth is one of the leading causes of tooth loss? At Local Dental San Antonio, Drs. Joung and Minkyung Lee offer comprehensive techniques for cracked tooth repair.
What is a cracked tooth?
A cracked tooth is a fracture in the tooth and is categorized in five ways:
- Craze Lines: Tiny cracks in the surface of the teeth (enamel)
- Fractured Cusp: Breakage of the pointy part of the biting surface of the tooth (cusp)
- Cracked Tooth: A type of dental fracture that runs vertically and typically extends into the gum line.
- Split Tooth: A tooth is broken into at least two separate fragments
- Vertical Root Fracture: A fracture that starts below the gum line and travels up
When is cracked tooth repair necessary?
While some patients don’t experience any symptoms, severely fractured teeth can present the following symptoms:
- Sharp pain while biting or chewing
- Dental pain that occurs on and off
- Swollen gums
- Dental sensitivity to sweet, spicy, hot, and cold foods
For new patients, we strongly suggest filling out new patient forms and submitting insurance information for a more efficient first visit.
How long does cracked tooth repair take? While there is more than one way to treat a cracked tooth, our dentists can typically repair teeth in one to a few dental appointments.
Furthermore, we’ve outlined what to expect before, during, and after cracked tooth repair.
Find Out How to Fix a Cracked Tooth
While some types of dental cracks don’t cause any symptoms, sometimes cracks in teeth can feel uncomfortable. So, Drs. Joung and Minkyung Lee provide cracked tooth repair that can remedy this discomfort.
Are you ready to schedule your next dental appointment in San Antonio? Take advantage of our online booking or conveniently call (210) 686-1486. The San Antonio community can trust the Local Dental team to keep individuals and families healthy, happy, and feeling at home.